The “One Health and Urban Transformation” project at the Center for Development Research (ZEF) is looking for one research assistant (SHK / WHK) for a period of 3 months (possibly extendable +3 months) for the next possible date.
Student Research Assisstant: Planetary Health (9h/week)
Your tasks are:
• Scientific research and data preparation in the field of Planetary Health:
o Managing and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
o Supporting the principal investigator in drafting manuscripts for publication in scientific journals
• Communication with stakeholders & related organizational tasks
• Advanced English proficiency, both written and spoken
• You are a student in Public Health, (Health) Geography, Social Science, Environmental Science or related fields
• First experiences in either applying a GIS (such as QGIS) or in cleaning & analysing survey data using SPSS, STATA or R is a plus
• Experience in transcribing qualitative interviews is a plus
Depending on your qualifications, this position may be staffed remotely.
• Stimulating insights in scientific research on Planetary Health and climate crisis resilience
• You will work in a small, friendly, and international team of interdisciplinary researchers
• You will have a work space at ZEF in Bonn
• We encourage critical thinking and offer room for your ideas and impulses